Performing periodic maintenance of your refrigerator by professional technicians goes a long way in extending the life of your fridge and helps it perform to its potential. Modern refrigerators generally do not need manual defrosting. They come up these days with an automated defrost system, which is designed to reduce the accumulation of frost on the evaporator coils. However, if your refrigerator is older, you might have to manually remove the buildup of frost from the freezer section and from the evaporator coils by defrosting the refrigerator. Accumulation of frost on the evaporator coil reduces the cooling capacity of the refrigerator, and it subsequently damages the unit, besides shooting up the power bills.
Though you can defrost the thermostat yourself, summoning professionals to carry out fridge repairs in Ashfield is a better idea as this will guarantee a perfect defrosting and other activities that need to be done.
At first, the thermostat is set to the desired temperature for the refrigerator as well as the freezer. Now they would place a pan for collecting the water that will run off under the exit tube, which is located at the back of the refrigerator, near its bottom. Now when the predetermined temperature is reached, the compressor switches off, and the frost of the freezer compartment and on the surface of the evaporator coil starts melting, forming water that is collected in the drip pan.
This is a bit complicated process that involves a number of steps. For instance,
- At first, the pros will defrost the refrigerator, to get rid of the buildup of the frost from the evaporator coils of the freezer compartment.
- Then they will place the ice cubes from the freezer compartment into a cooler, empty the refrigerator, and then defrost it.
- The professionals who are into fridge repairs in Camperdown would use dry towels to collect the water from the evaporator coils. The water would originate from the melted ice.
- Now they will push set the thermostat in zero, and unplug the refrigerator
- Then they open the doors as that will allow the warm air to circulate in the freezer.
- Once the interior of the fridge dries up, they will plug back the fridge and set the thermostat at the needed temperature.
Heater defrosting involves:
- Removal of food from the refrigerator and emptying it.
- Turning the thermostat to zero, as a result of which the heater will switch on, and blow-in warm air into the freezer section through the connecting duct into the evaporator coil.
- Now the doors of the refrigerator have to be opened to allow the warmer air to circulate into the freezer section.
- The empty tray will collect the water that comes out due to the defrosting. Once the water is collected and the heater is clean, the pros would get the content back in the fridge and plug it back, set the thermostat and switch it on.
So you see, when you hire fridge repairs in Sydney they would take some definite steps to remove frost from the evaporator coils. That’s why, when you feel it’s time to do so, you need to call us at Commercial Fridge Repairs on 0452 525 914. We work 24×7.